San Marcos River Tubing Companies
Lion's Club Tube Rental
The Tube Rental and River Taxi are fund raising projects of the San Marcos Lions Club. The tube rental allows the Lions Club to donate to over 100 charities and individuals in Texas.
Please call the Tube Rental to make special arrangements for group reservations and discounts.
Directions to Lion's Club Toobing Area:
Exit IH 35 onto Aquarena Springs Drive, turn left onto Charles Austin Drive, then turn right behind Strahan Basketball Stadium. You will see the signs. Click here for a map
Tubes are cheap ($7).
San Marcos Lions Club - 512-396-5466 -
More San Marcos Tubing Info
If you put in above the Lions club, you'll encounter a group of guys that will dive-bomb you! Be careful! (But of course it's all in fun!)
Access points for DIY toobers
Most tubing trips will start at Lion's Club, and end at either the Rio Vista dam or CR 299. Continuing downstream is dangerous and will take 12 hours. The next appropriate tubing is from the CR 266 / CR 101 / Martindale access down to Sculls Crossing. All other access points are for reference only / kayaking.
- Concrete walkway adjacent to the Lions Club tube rental facility in Old City Park at 0.0 miles
- Rio Vista Dam at 1.0 mile
- County Road (CR) 299 at 2.0 miles
- CR 266 / CR 101 at 5.5 miles
- Sculls Crossing (off CR 103) at 9.2 miles
- FM 1979 at 11.5 miles
- FM 1977 (just above Staples Dam) at 16.5 miles - this is the usual end of trips for less experienced paddlers
- Fentress (SH 20) low-water crossing at about 25.5 miles
- Prairie Lea (CR 280) low-water crossing # 1 at about 28.5 miles
- Prairie Lea (CR 116) low-water crossing # 2 at about 31.5 miles
- Stairtown (CR 119) crossing at about 32.5 miles
- US Highway 90 crossing at about 39.0 miles
- Luling City Park on river left at about 45.0 miles
City Park to Rio Vista Dam: About 1 hour.
City Park to CR 299: About 2 hours. Do not continue past this point in a tube!
County Rd. 266 / CR 101 to Scull's Crossing: About five hours.
Access is adequate at most crossings, but the availability of public parking is very limited. Please be considerate of others when accessing the river, and always park your vehicles where they do not block river access for others. Never park on or enter private property without securing permission from landowners.
DO NOT LITTER